Hi, my name is Nikki and I apologize in advance.
Broadway is pretty cool.
n2n gif: epistemologicalfallacy
Megan Hilty looked radiant as she celebrated her pregnancy joy at her baby shower in New York City.The 33-year-old performer and husband Brian Gallagher enjoyed the shower festivities together after announcing their pregnancy news in the spring
never-ending list of my celebrity crushes → Jeremy Jordan
As requested by Anon
Did I say it was a duck?
- this network will be a resource for people who love laura osnes to meet and share content
- looking for more friends to flail about a certain show with? look no further!
what do i get for joining?
- you’ll be part of a network of blogs that are also big laura osnes fans
- people looking for more blogs will be able to find you easier
- laura osnes posts of all sorts to add to your dash
- new friends who love the same performances as you do
- once every two weeks, i’ll be picking a new featured blog of the week that will be featured on the sidebar, so more chances to be promoted to others
- must be following me and the network tumblr
- reblog this application post and then fill out this survey
- be someone who regularly updates your blog and has a nice clean theme
- this should go without saying, but one of the primary topics that you blog about should be theatre/broadway related in some form
- if this gets less than 10 notes, i’ll probably cancel it because then it’s not really much of a network haha.
what happens next?
- the number of people i’ll choose will depend on how many people apply, but i’m estimating 15-20 for now.
- on september 15th, i will be picking people to join the network and making a post about it on the lauraosnesnetwork tumblr.
- if you are picked, i will send you an ask and you must reply to me within 48 hours. therefore, your ask must be open.
- you don’t really have to follow everyone else in the network since i have no way of actually checking if you do or not, but these are all quality blogs, so why not, right?
- track the tag #lauraosnesnetwork
I’m kind of obsessed with this question.
Okay flashback to four years ago, my freshman year of high school. My choir was going to see next to normal on tour. At first, I heard it was a better show if you knew nothing about it (because of the plot twist) so I didn’t look it up. But a few weeks later, I was on Yahoo Answers asking what musical theatre songs I should learn to play on guitar (I had gotten a guitar in my “singer-songwriter” stage but then realized by true passion was theatre). Someone suggested Superboy and the Invisible Girl so I decided to check it out. So Jenn was the first thing I had ever learned about the show and I FELL IN LOVE. Superboy and the Invisible Girl is still my #1 played song. I remember looking at all the songs on iTunes and wondering why she wasn’t in more because of how amazing she was. As I got more into the show, I learned more about all the cast, including her. Four years later, I’m still just as obsessed.
Get to know: Jennifer Damiano
Someone has drunk texted me like everyday of the past week
(I did indeed see gabeebert's post and was surprised and flattered to have been mentioned in it while trying to figure out what the heck my thoughts on N2N color symbolism are xD But yes, I do love analyzing this show, whether or not I'm good at it haha).
I actually like the answers that have been given, and I think it’s interesting how the variation in the colors used may reflect different dynamics between the characters. In I Am the One, for example, Diana’s intense emotions are dressed in bright red, while Dan and Gabe are wearing matching shades of cooling light blue, seemingly reflecting Diana’s conflict over who can be her comforter and protector. In Maybe, Diana and Natalie wear similarly dark outer layers, while Natalie’s version is lighter (grey rather than black), which seems to symbolize “I see me in you” (and possibly hint at Natalie’s fear of turning into her mother).
As for Light, in the Broadway version all except Diana are actually wearing varying shades of red or orange (with Diana in dark purple), and it has been suggested that the light vs. darkness in the colors may reflect the characters’ mental states at the time. There’s an interesting post on this here.
As for thoughts on the red/blue/purple motif, I think that purple - being a mixture of red and blue - seems fitting as it contains the red/blue associations with mania and depression, intensity and calm, daylight and night, etc. Some other interesting associations with these colors in N2N are listed here.
successfully got my roommate addicted to oitnb
i think gideon is having an eventful day
I’ve experienced everything you’re going through! Your problems seem like life and death. I promise they’re not.